Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy LO's

I took a trip down memory lane when I dug these photos out of an album. I say in my profile that every child has their own story and Cody sure has his. Cody was born in an impoverished third world country. He was born with spina bifida and hydrocephalus and no medical care. He wasn't even born in a hospital. Cody was found abandoned when he was 15 months old and brought to an orphanage where I had been a missionary. He was brought to die in peace. I wouldn't buy it. Nobody had given this child a chance. I took him to a pediatric surgeon. The doctor's prognosis was grim. He said he would not live through the surgeries that he needed. He said that if he did, he would never be able to do normal everyday activities like holding his head up and feeding himself. He said he was already mentally challenged. But God seemed to be telling me something else. I proceeded with adopting him. At least giving him a chance to have a family. God is amazing and knows infinitely more than me. Cody did survive the surgeries. Just 7 months later, he was climbing, crawling, feeding himself and learning to stand. Gosh that was 12 years ago! Where does the time go?

Cody's First Christmas


7 comments:

ellie said...

Julie, there is absolutely nothing I can say that would do justice to the beauty and the wonder of this living miracle. I thank you profusely from the very bottom of my heart for sharing such a profound example of not only a tenancious faith in God, but of His magnificent power displayed in the glory of this sweet, sweet child.

Anonymous said...

What a testimony for hearing and following the Lord's voice!!! Blessings to you and your family!!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story!!! Praise God for His power and healing touch...thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

God is GREAT!! TFS:)

kellyjean said...

I'm so glad you heard God clearly and obeyed. Thanks for sharing Cody's story of healing and life. What a blessing!

Peggy said...

I had no idea you had adopted a child ... and one that was literally left to die ... wow Julie, what a wonderful thing to do, and how great that he not only survived the surgeries but came out doing so well! This is an inspiring story my friend! Oh, I almost forgot ... the LO's are beautiful, a wonderful mix of beautiful pics, beautiful design and beautiful journaling!
xxx Peggy

Anonymous said...

those are soo cute