Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pizza...It's What's For Dinner

Supreme Pizza

Andan's Creation

Isha's Pizza "soup"
He is waving his hand back and forth. This was his baby sign
for "hot". He still uses the sign while he says "hot".








My family loves pizza! When I was pregnant with Isha, the obg nurse told me the worst thing to eat while I was pregnant is pizza. I thought, "oh boy, either I'm in trouble or my family is." Well, I didn't give up pizza during my pregnancy. My family still loves to eat it, including Isha. But for a family of 7, three being growing teenage boys, pizza can get expensive. When we buy frozen or eat out, we need at least 4 pizzas. So I started to make pizzas at home. The advantages are obvious. I can get by with making 3 LARGE pizzas. I can buy fresh ingredients all for just under $15. Roque and I get to have a supreme pizza. Andan gets to have a hand in helping with dinner. Isha's imagination is sparked by watching big brother. Mmmmmmm............
I still don't understand how pizza can be so bad for a pregnant woman...bread, cheese, tomato sauce, pepperoni, and vegetables. Isn't that all of the food groups?


2 comments:

ellie said...

Can I come over for dinner???? LOL We're having yucky old frozen store-bought tonight....but yours looks AWESOME, Julie!

Roque Camacho Jr. said...

I'm hungry!!!!!!! I love your homeade pizza!!!
It is one of my favorites.

Hey, babe I helped decorate it too!! LOL Why isn't my picture in it? LOL

Thanks for the many delicious meals you make for our family!!!!!